To accomplish the mission of Redan Elementary School, “Empowering Students for Success” by providing a rigorous and supportive academic program, a safe and secure learning environment, and a highly skilled and caring staff in partnerships with stakeholders, which will prepare our students to thrive at the next level of their academic journey.
Redan Elementary School is devoted to ensuring a quality education so that our students may become contributing citizens to society and life-long learners.
WE COMMIT TO:
- Focusing on teaching and learning
- Embedding an equitable and accessible 21st century learning environment supported by technology
- Providing a safe and orderly learning and working environment
- Ensuring that an effective teacher instructs every class
- Communicating to stakeholders in an open, honest, and accurate manner
- Embracing our community's linguistic and cultural diversity and using it to enhance the educational environment through equity and access
- Creating an environment where everyone is valued and respected, encouraged to contribute, and recognized for his/her efforts
- Holding everyone accountable for educational excellence
Redan Academy of Higher Learning Creed
I am a Redan Academy of Higher Learning Student. I am a leader committed to service. Every day is a new beginning for me. I will always strive to do my best at all times. I have great expectations for myself. I will respect myself, others, and my school environment. I am responsible for my education.
It is the pathway that will make me a better leader.
Essential Requirements/ Unique Attributes
- Science Olympiad: Robotics/4H/ /STEM
- Literacy Club (Book Club/Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl/ Poetry and Writing Contests/ Spelling Bee/ Yearbook)
- Chess Club/ Visual Arts Club/ Chorus/ Math Club/ ELITE Boys Group / ELITE Girls Group/Safety Patrols
- Student Adherence to a Strict Code of Conduct/ PBIS
- Parent Involvement - Parent Volunteer Hours (10)
- Required School Uniform
- After School Program and Tutorial